Bsc (Hons), MSc (Hons), PGDip
UCL Division of Psychiatry
6th Floor, Wings A and B, Maple House,
149 Tottenham Court Road,
London W1T 7NF
My current research involves an ethnographic study of psychiatric training in New Delhi, India. It explores the process through which trainee psychiatrists students acquire their professional identity and how this shapes clinical encounters and outcomes. Previously, I have worked in the UK and in India with third sector organizations and NGO’s supporting the homeless and people suffering from mental ill-health. I have an in-depth knowledge of policy development and implementation, clinical service design and monitoring and evaluation. I have experience in leading clinical service and have worked in direct services internationally.
- Medical anthropology, Community Mental Health and ‘Global mental health’
- Professional identity formation in medical training
- Critical Psychiatry
- Mental health and Marginality
Bayetti, C., Jadav S (2017) “What am I to do?” Negotiating ‘evidence’ and ‘experience’ as part of the professionalization of psychiatry students in India. In preparation.
Bayetti, C., Jadhav S., and Desphande, S. (2017) How do psychiatrists in India construct their professional identity? A critical literature review . Manuscript under review.
Bayetti, C., Jadhav, S. and Jain, S. (2016) The Re-covering Self: a critique of the recovery-based approach in India’s mental health care. Disability and the Global South. 3 (1), 889-909
Jadhav, S., Jain, S., Kannuri, N., Bayetti, C., Barua, M. (2015). Ecologies of Suffering: Mental Health in India (commentary). Economic and Political Weekly. Vol – L No. 20, May 16, 2015. http://www.epw.in/commentary/ecologies-suffering.html
Workshop, Seminar and teaching:
- August 2015 – “Culture and Mental Heath: From theory to practice” – Seminar. RML Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- July 2015 – “ The DSM- 5 and the Cultural Formulation Interview” – Seminar. RML Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- January 2015 – “The training of Indian Psychiatrists: towards a better understanding of professional identity formation” – Seminar. RML Hospital, New Delhi, India.
- May 2014 –“Culture and the Clinic” – Guest Lecturer. UCL Medical School, University College London, London, UK.
- February 2014 – “Culture and Mental Health” – Workshop series. RML Hospital, New Delhi India & LGBRIM Hospital, Tezpur, India.
- October 2013 – “Re-imagining the delivery of community mental health services” – Guest Lecturer. BSc Social Work, Middlesex University, London, UK.
- April 2013 – “Rethinking public services as learning organization: the internal and external challenges
facing social enterprises” Social enterprise, Social innovation and Care conference -Durham, UK.
None at present
CONNECT WITH CLEMENT BAYETTI: